Plant Direct iT - the process control system
Plant Direct iT is neither a SCADA nor a HMI nor a DCS. Plant Direct iT is an open, PLC-based process control system with an extensive set of technical and technological automation classes.
The range of technical basic classes includes a basically equipment-neutral functionality, e.g. valves, drives, measured values and controllers, and highly-qualified equipment-specific functions, e.g. for parameterising and controlling frequency converters.
The technological classes, on the other hand, provide the functionality for mapping process sequences. The main representatives of this group are phase controllers, the Object Control Matrix (OCM) and the logic class. Using these classes, the parameters of the process functionality become fully configurable – from the valve to the sequence control.
Parameterisation instead of programming
Plant Direct iT supports parameter-based process control. This ensures that previously parameterised sequences can be varied easily by dynamically combining them with various parameter sets, i.e. for considering different operating modes of a plant or products to be processed.
Another special feature is Plant Direct iT Visu-Recorder, which can be optionally installed. This application enables the retroactive monitoring of previous process sequences via the standard user interface and their direct output via the process visualisation, similar to a VCR. This unique feature facilitates the retroactive analysis of errors in the process sequence.
The client/server architecture, the intuitive user interface and the object-related class concept turn Plant Direct iT into a future-proof alternative to traditionally programmed controls with higher-order visualisation.
- Continuous, PLC-based process control system with integrated MES functionality
- Meets the principle of “Parameterisation instead of programming”. An individually created PLC code is excluded as far as possible
- Enables process programming without stopping production
- Flat system architecture with a central server
- Independent of the PLC manufacturer
- Modern user interface that meets the latest usability standards
- Excellent presentation of (vector-based) process graphics and process images
- Extensive library of pre-configured technical and technological automation classes
- Standard engineering tools for quick engineering and commissioning
- Simple creation of individual production reports via drag & drop
- High level of standardisation for securing and conveying process know-how (audits, staff training, etc.)
- Developed for standard software (Microsoft Windows, Office and SQL)
- Scalability of single station to multi-server systems
- Available in English, Spanish, German, Russian, French and Portuguese (Chinese available on request)
- Forward and backward compatibility with other Plant iT system versions
- Food and beverage industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Chemicals industry
- Process image creation (Process Screen Designer)
- Engineering tool (Object Control Matrix)
- Central engineering environment for all basic Plant iT systems and modules (Configuration Manager)
- Central user management
- System classes for data acquisition
- Messaging system
- Reporting function via drag & drop (Production Report Designer)
- Central user interface for visualising “operating & monitoring” (Operation Manager)
- Integrated interfaces for Plant iT material and Plant iT connect
- Including Plant Acquis iT